www.sacredartseries.com

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Free Extraordinary Form Baptism Booklet

As a promoter of beauty through sacred art, I am quite naturally also a promoter of beauty through the Catholic Church's traditional liturgy. With that in mind, I'd like to share here an excellent resource, a free .pdf of the Extraordinary Form baptismal rite. (Click here).

All credit for this resource goes to my father, who is a Roman Catholic deacon and who has baptized four of my five children--and many of my nieces and nephews--using this beautiful rite. Over the years, he created this very helpful resource to assist those attending these baptisms to follow along. It also includes the rubrics in English in red text.

My parish recently requested copies of this resource, and I think others may find it helpful so I am posting it here. I recommend taking the file to a printer and asking it to be printed front and back as a booklet.

Below: Baptism of Christ by Pietro Perugino (c. 1483)