www.sacredartseries.com

Monday, January 12, 2015

Article at OnePeterFive Today Regarding Sacred Art Series

OnePeterFive graciously allowed me to write an article regarding the Sacred Art Series. It was published today. Check it out!

Here's the beginning:

As Christians, we have a duty to evangelize: “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to the whole creation.” Mark 16:20. But where and how should we evangelize? Often, this is less clear. One place where the duty to evangelize should be clear is within our own families.
***
I am a father of four, godfather of three, and uncle of nineteen. About a year ago, and as my oldest was still learning to read, I began to ask myself: How could I share the Gospels themselves–the very life of Christ–with my son? What book could I give him–and my godchildren and nieces and nephews–that I could reasonably expect him to read, but that also included the actual text of the Gospels?